Shaykh Mohammed Omar Subedar
Director of the Mathabah Institute / Instructor
Mohammed Omar Subedar was born and raised in the Greater Toronto Area, Canada. In 1990, he enrolled in the Institute of Islamic Education located in Dewsbury, W. Yorkshire, United Kingdom. There, he became a ḥāfiẓ of the Qurʾān in 1993. In 2001, he graduated from a seven-year dars-i niẓāmī program offered by the same institute. He was thus conferred the title of Scholar of Islamic Sciences and Arabic Literature.
This seven-year program covered:
– Arabic grammar (naḥw), morphology (ṣarf), rhetoric (balāghah), vocabulary
– Islamic creed (ʿaqīdah)
– Exegesis (tafsīr) of the Qurʾān and the principles (uṣūl) of exegesis
– Prophetic traditions (aḥādīth) and the principles (uṣūl) of ḥadīth studies
– Islamic law (fiqh) according to the Ḥanafī School (madh’hab)
– Comparative studies of the four schools of Islamic Law (Ḥanafī, Shāfiʿī, Mālikī
and Ḥanbalī) and the principles of jurisprudence (uṣūl al-fiqh)
– Islamic history
– Pronunciation of the Qurʾān (tajwīd) according to the 10 major styles of
Currently, Mohammed Omar Subedar serves as:
– The Director of the Mathabah Institute.
– The CEO of Bukhari Publications
– The COO of the Halal Monitoring Authority
– A khaṭīb at the Islamic Society of Peel
He has authored:
– The Commentary on Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī
– Rethink your World
– How to Live the Life of the Prophet (peace be upon him)
– The First Steps in Practising Islam
He lives with his family in Brampton, Ontario.